CAMPS Student and Young Professionals
Build Future Leaders
The CAMPS Student and Young Professional (SYP) group is inspired and created by CAMPS Board President, Allison Budvarson, COO of Out of the Box Manufacturing.
Our purpose is to promote the success of our manufacturing companies by improving the manufacturing careers and education of students and young professionals between the ages of 18 and 25 years old.
1) The SYP Group offers monthly virtual educational classes on manufacturing and career development topics taught by local educators. Topics include:
Root Cause Analysis
Productivity & Time Management
Lean Manufacturing Fundamentals
Teamwork & Collaboration
Goal Setting & Achievement
2) SYP Group members will receive invitations to attend appropriate CAMPS events as approved by company leadership.
3) SYP Group members will be invited to in-person tours of CAMPS member manufacturing facilities and local manufacturing education programs.
Benefits of the SYP Program
1) Employee retention
2) Leadership/management development
3) Career enhancement skills
4) More engaged team members
5) Improved performance
For CAMPS Manufacturing Leaders
1) We need your help to grow and improve the SYP Program. Please share your ideas for helping young professionals in a manufacturing career with Allison at email@example.com.
2) You can volunteer to provide a virtual tour or virtual presentations of STEAM-related jobs in your factory. (See this link for an explanation of STEAM.)
3) You can volunteer to serve on the CAMPS SYP Committee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommend a Student or Young Professional
Recommend one or more of your students (if in school) or young employees (from your business) between the ages of 18 and 25 years old to attend the CAMPS SYP group meetings. We will inform you and them about the dates and times of any virtual classes or events.
Send your student or young professional recommendations to email@example.com.